PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 11:12
Travelex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancelled 1440 to ABZ

I was booked on the 1440 Eastern to ABZ last Wed (9th). As usual, the flight from ABZ landed nice and early BUT Servisair only came thro to board us at 1440 and not the normal 20-30 mins before t/o.

It then turned out there was a problem with the door and Eastern had canc the flight. When 'all' pax were gathered to be informed of this we realised there were only 3 of us. When a fellow pax asked if this was the cause of the 'cancellation', he was assured this was not the case, there was a fault with the door but we could be booked on to the 1740 no problem. I then asked what would be the case if door not fixed by then and was anyone on their way to fix it?
I'm still waiting for an answer on that one!
It then turned out only 1 seat left so 2 of us taxied to NCL by rather talkative driver who told us he was called by Servisair at 1420 to take pax to NCL!!!!! Amazing since door only found to be faulty JUST before Servisair tried to board us, approx 1440.
Found on Flight Stats it subsequently dep MME 1455 and arr ABZ 1542.
(On DTV Movements this flight had the code T3586/66L- does 66L mean anything??)

Sorry for length of this post but I'm v annoyed at not getting to ABZ until 1900ish instead of 1600ish.
Can any 'background' guys at MME shed anymore light on this for me??

Thanks