PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 10:59
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After being suspended from radar a few times because of losses of separation caused by pilots slowing early, catching many go arounds because the one in front slowed down and having to take remedial action on a weekly (almost daily) basis to resolve conflicts caused by pilots not obeying speed instructions, it is a mystery to me why pilots will readback a speed clearance they have no intention of following.
That's bad. I didn't realise that a loss of separation caused by the crew not carrying out an instruction you have given them can lead to an ATCO being suspended. If you have issued the instruction surely it is our responsibility to carry it out and any loss of separation that results would be our fault? Are you able to directly inform the crew involved when this happens?

I think the key to the speed control issue is more feedback, and it needs to be given to the people who make flight standards policy. I've noticed more and more guys are flying very conservative approaches as a direct result of having their arses spanked by the FDM team for "FLIDRAS events". Now ezy have made their stance clear - one too many of these events and you will lose your job.