PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to revise for JAA-PPL
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 08:38
mech500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i didnt say i just ''learnt answers to the questions''!! That would be dangerous and plain stupid.

Infact I used the explainations in the back of the confuser to make sure i fully understood the concepts being examined. I then refered to the text book and my instructor as required for additional reference - in this way i was able to understand all i needed to be safe. This learning continued after i had passed all the exams. I also made sure i undetstood the workings of all the instuments etc - its easier to do this by asking questions then by reading text books.

I bet i retained more of the infomation then students who spent ages reading thro' masses of texts on the particulars of the chicago conventon (lol!). I mean who cares what say Annex 18 is all about and what the spacing between runway lights on a CAT1 is - i'll have to bear that in mind next time im designing an airfield. Oh and i must remember the required number of fire extinguishers on a plane with 201 seats.

I've currently done 7 of the ATPL modules (distance learning) - and im finding them a peice of cake to be honest compared to a degree in aerospace engineering - they're only set at GCSE level!!

I know students who spend ages studying and 2 months after the exam they wont be able to answer a single question on say radio nav! hpw safe are these guys in the sky then?