PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 07:16
[email protected]

Received 652 Likes on 287 Posts
Old lae - since you mention DHFS - how many instructors who are not ex-military are employed there? Somewhere around none I believe. What does that tell you? That for training military pilots, you need current mil pilots and/or ex mil pilots. The DHFS system is not a civilian one, it is the same system as was used by the RAF before at Shawbury only with some instructors wearing 4 bars on their shoulders - all good guys and many excellent beefers. They don't teach a CAA syllabus they teach a military one.

Bootneck - Bristows are hardly likely to show themselves as anything other than exemplary on their own website are they? May I remind you that they lost the interim contract because they thought the MCA would just accept more of the same 20 year old service and were significantly outclassed by the professional bid from CHC.

Doc Brown - you claim to have met me - where and when? I don't claim to be an authority on UKSAR but as an ex-Sqn trg off I do claim to know the capabilities of the military element (2/3s of UK SAR). Perhaps you should ask those in the 1/3 minority what they know of current military capability.