PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2008, 07:02
[email protected]

Received 655 Likes on 289 Posts
3D - I may have gone over the top regarding the twin hoist but most of the criticisms I receive here are as a result of replying to those petty individuals who keep avoiding the bigger argument and instead pick on one word, phrase or sentence I use and focus on tearing that to pieces.

As for all the blah about being supercilious and arrogant, anyone who knows me will know that is not true - I am however, a passionate believer in the quality of military SAR because I know what we can do, and train for, and what others can't. I will reiterate, because someone will ignore the context and actual words I used, I do not have a downer on civvySAR or any of the individual crews' professional capabilities - I don't generate the 'willy waving' except to clarify what capabilites actually exist within milSAR as opposed to the memories of some who haven't done it for many years and don't understand where we have moved on to.

Despite all the protestations, the night overland SAR and multi-aircraft/multi agency Ops scenarios are where the military has all the experience both in operating the aircraft and in command and control. CivSar does not currently have this.