View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 20:46
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWA,
Where is the contradiction ?
In a sick mind probably.
Yes, I made an error on who called the "in amber...". Big deal. I was also the one to notice who was saying what and when.

But, more important, we don't KNOW whether he called the message or not - that is the point where there is a one-and-a-half-minute gap in the transcript........
Oh ! For crissake, listen to all the explanations given to you over these past years about procedures and call-outs !
1/- During this phase, there is a landing inhibition on warnings. An amber caution light / chime will not happen, therefore, there is nothing to read / announce / call-out. The only *thingy* that would be *in amber* would be the altitude tape.
2/-The call is not"(whatever...) in amber". It is READING of the ECAM.
3/- Yeah ! You forgot the little amber creature sitting on the window sill. That would certainly explain the call.
I DID see Bernd's link. Perhaps you didn't?
Seeing is not reading or understanding. So read again :

* At touchdown :
− REV . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MAX
^
NO CHANGE
− GROUND SPOILERS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CHECK/ANNOUNCE
Check that the ECAM WHEEL page displays the ground spoilers extended after
touchdown.
. If no ground spoilers are extended :
− Verify and confirm that both thrust levers are set to IDLE or REV detent
− Set both thrust levers to REV MAX, and fully press the brake pedals.
Note : If ground spoilers are not armed, ground spoilers extend at reverser thrust
selection on both engines.
− REVERSERS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CHECK/ANNOUNCE
Check that the ECAM E/WD page displays that the reverse deployment is as expected
(REV green).

Red the first line now ?

(Edit : Bernd covered well the Funchal landing vid )