PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain gets the boot
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 20:23
Del Prado

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Del Prado if we really are so poor at maintaining given speeds compared to other operators and are causing problems how about NATS contacting ezy flight ops management to discuss the problem? It might help us all out.
I've tried that. I don't think it's fair to give the details here but the discussion was broadly similar to many of the previous posts. (and Wingswinger, the answer was from flight policy and standards)

I should add I have nothing against Easy, in every other aspect they are a great operator and when it's quiet I offer 160kts to 5d and if they want to fly 185/190 on base leg (and ask) I'll always accommodate it.

After being suspended from radar a few times because of losses of separation caused by pilots slowing early, catching many go arounds because the one in front slowed down and having to take remedial action on a weekly (almost daily) basis to resolve conflicts caused by pilots not obeying speed instructions, it is a mystery to me why pilots will readback a speed clearance they have no intention of following.
I don't just want compliance for the sake of it, I do understand the problems you have with the 319s but if this is a conversation we need to have, why are we not having it? And why don't you tell us on base leg?

Sometimes I think you guys work for the airport owners
If we use the airspace and runways as efficiently as possible then your airline saves money-lots of it. Do you want an extra 10 minutes in the hold everytime you arrive because the aircraft ahead are all doing their own thing?