PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branscombe Air Day Cancelled
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 20:09
jayemm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Law is an Ass

This kind of situation winds me up so much, I despair of some of our utterly stupid laws and most especially of all our stupid and apparently senseless beaurocrats and members of the legal system. In the US it's simple; if the airfield was there first then it is allowed to operate as previously. Turweston has experienced a similar problem to Branscombe as has Compton Abbas (I believe, mainly from one particularly shrill lady who believes she has a beautiful body).

This stupidity doesn't affect just GA. I know of an autism charity in a part of our beloved country that has used homes in various towns and villages for over 20 years to care for people with autism. You would be astonished to hear about the vindictiveness of certain individuals who want these homes closed down. Taking photos into their bedrooms, regularly making complaints and generally harassing carers. The people that complain are a tiny minority but for some reason the law favours the one over the many. Just look at the number of people whose day at Branscombe was ruined by one or two wingeing individuals. Why is it that our system favours the vocal few over the silent majority?

I've had my rant and I still don't feel any better. Perhaps I should continue in Jetblast!