PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT Colours Parade - echos of the Great Escape
Old 12th Jul 2008, 16:58
BluntM8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on the parade too - carrying a Sqn standard with an incredible amount of pride. It really was an honour to be involved. The misinformed BS on this thread is staggering - especially as most of it comes from those who weren't there!

At ALL times I was treated as an adult and with respect. The EAW worked their socks off to provide for us with virtually no resources. To be able to sit in the Sgts mess with a cuppa and watch a big screen telly was something I hadn't expected - just one example of the welfare package provided for us. The DIs worked hard to make sure that all of us were kept informed - oftentimes they were just as in the dark as us. How they kept their patience with us all asking what was coming up next I don't know. The team spirit was staggering - morale never became an issue despite the torrents of rain for the entire time. My memories of the fortnight at Innsworth will be of near constant laughter - nothing like the rubbish spouted above.

Blunty