PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 12:25
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's entirely possible the crews in the situations you mentioned deserve some recognition. However, this is an occasion where "it does what it says on the tin". The crew of BA38 were awarded the BA Safety Medal by BA. If AF or LH wish to honour their crews that is their perogative.
Amen

Until a report is released, how can anybody judge the crew's actions (heroics or not) ? So why speculating in one direction or another ? There is not even a release of CVR showing how and when the crew realized the failure and if it was intentional to let the AP fly the ILS without enough power. According to the current report, the only flying crew's action that we know is that after AP disconnection at 175 ft they did flare when they saw the rising ground (which should be at least a reflex). So forgive me but I'd rather wait the report before commenting the flying crew's actions since we don't know anything serious about it.
Now, if BA, LH or AF wants to reward their crews, it's their choices but without official report it doesn't have any value to me (appart PR...)

Sorry if some people still feel offended by my logic.