PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qr Restrictions
Thread: Qr Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 11:31
notanotherhilton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I helped the guy who I was friendly with at the time and his wife with their hasty exit. I know what was said in the classroom, I know what was said in his meeting with the CEO.

My time at QR was spent flying to interesting destinations, on nice equipment with mostly great people from all over the world. It had its bad days, mostly listening to $10000+ a month people whinging about caps, nuts and orange juice. The colleagues I had, who were positive and got on with it and are still at QR are mostly Captains now, some of them in training.

The Arabs in my experiance were usually wary of Westerners but I discovered it was a defensive thing. When I offered them my friendship and respect it was returned 99% of the time. In fact 2 Qatari's drove me around Doha on their own time and expense to help me find accomodation when I first arrived, I keep in touch with them to this day.

If you go there with the attitude that company housing is only fit for Indians, Asians and South Americans etc..well, it will be over for you before its even begun....but you what you'll miss out on some wonderful adventures

Anyway I'm off for a round of Golf now...enough of the depression network for today....

Last edited by notanotherhilton; 12th Jul 2008 at 11:44.