PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another RIAT F**k Up!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2008, 10:25
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The folk I feel sorry for are the traders. I was going down today and have lost a night's rate in digs - c'est la vie. I'll travel down tomorrow anyway because the digs are still there for me for the week, but I won't be getting in by the looks of it. So I'll have to find somewhere to park up and look like a sad git.

I accept that sh#t happens, but in a purely organisational context, it seems strange that such a massive international event has fallen foul to an afternoon's rain.. simply because the car park was buggered. Could not an alt parking areas in the region have been found and zillions of buses chartered? Was there not a fallback option in the plan, given that soft parking anywhere in the UK seems to be such a potentially weak area? No, it wouldn't have been perfect, but the public would understand I'm sure, and it'd have been good to have seen a 'can do' mentality for a change and it would have silenced the negativity from all the careerist whiners.

If Glastonbury can be flooded out and still survive because it has spirit, what was so different here? Fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow anyway.