PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew refuses to take off due to "hostile work environment"
Old 12th Jul 2008, 01:26
[Steve]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, another SLF opinion

When I purchase tickets to go somewhere I try to make sure I'll get to my destination the day before I have to be there. Likewise I try to ensure more than the minimum of time between connecting flights. I know that delays can happen and I don't want to get stressed out.

I spent about 24 hours in the domestic side of San Francisco airport after the return of my international flight. Hey it wasn't pleasant and I missed connecting flights. Speaking to one of the cabin crew later, they probably had a worse time than the passengers.

Even though I pax quite a bit, I still try to treat every trip as an adventure. Looking at it that way, the minor annoyances, delays, problems, etc that crop up from time to time can be viewed as "gaining valuable experience" :-) It's a shame that so many people take their own plans so seriously -- lighten up, your attitude *ISN'T* going to make it any faster or more comfortable.

I'm sure that no crew are *all* going to sleep in. If one did the others would get them up. So a crew arriving late cannot logically be as a result of some individual selfish action.

I fully support whoever took the decision not to fly this day. I've seen passengers get ugly with crew and I'm full of praise for them being able to handle even 1 of them. But a planeload would be a bloody nightmare.

I think that some of those passengers needed their attitudes adjusting.