PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 21:59
flightless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rumours

Well us Thanet dwellers have been hearing rumours about Manston for years, and we heard them about Westwood Cross,but it did happen eventually !!!!! It just seems that everything takes for ever to come about and there is all the cloak and dagger stuff to contend with. I heard weeks ago that some big name budget airline were about to come to Manston but as usual not a dicky bird since. I have spent the last 3 years frightened to book a flight to Spain just incase an announcment comes from Manston just after I have booked. I think that people are loosing faith and this Forum prooves the point, there has hardly been any rumours on here, nor even a decent row for months. What a shame !!! if we have lost interest, I wonder how the rest of the catchment area feel, they probably have forgotten where Kent International Airport is by now. Of course the "SURVEY" was great but as yet we have been told nothing about the response, mind you I am still meeting people that knew nothing about it, could that possibly be down to the poorest media coverage I have ever seen. Still who knows there may be some bright spark out there that will swoop into Manston and bombard the general public with a brillient advertising campaign and persuade at least one of the budget airlines to dip thier toe in the water,,,,, then again maybe not.!!!!!!!!!!!!