PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson, N Cornwall 9th July.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 21:02
VeeAny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is an R44 that occasionally comes past my house near Liskeard, down or just above the not very deep valley near us when the weather is crap.

There is no way he is legal (within 200ft of the houses), and often I wonder if he is safe, if he had an engine failure he'd probably take out a couple of houses in the village as sometimes he comes straight over the top of it (gross dramatisation I know). He clearly gets away with it. The machine doesn't fit that description though, white with blue markings in a Robinson standard paint scheme. I've even considered sending the photos to the authority (yes I have some), but decided against it as I feel that sometimes we all do something which others consider stupid but don't necessarily need hanging for it.

I am a participant in one of Sids Helitorque thread, not to big up landing in a field but to point out that sometimes its a better option than continuing and crashing, and on at least one of the occasions in my post I shouldn't have got airborne but didn't understand what I was launching into (the Shap landing if you read it).

GS