PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Half of the Armed Forces considering quitting!
Old 11th Jul 2008, 20:43
The Dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PVR phone calls

Manning are ringing people up and asking if a change of location/employment would get them to change their mind - fact. However, offering promotion - I think not.
I believe that this is a good move, notwithstanding the reasons that have caused it, if we can keep good guys/girls in by a move to another stn or a change of job then why not do it.

I can only speak for TG1 but the PVR figures for 07/08 are not significantly different to historic norms.
I am out of the service now, however the above actions by ACOS could have persuaded me to think again before I put in my PVR, notice. I seem to recall ACOS manning's mission statement. One part of it contained the words, to effictivly manage careers. If they had done that from the very start, I think we would not be seeing half the problems we are seeing today. It's a sad state of affairs but who is to blame for all of this? You can only push people so far before they vote with there feet.