PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 11th Jul 2008, 16:14
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 208 Likes on 75 Posts
Alex I take your point and thank you for providing some balance. By my taking a strong position it has rather helped in dragging the big guns into the debate. A lively thread, like this one, needs Cowboys and Indians.

You suggest I have a vested interest in talking down the housing market. I really don't think my ramblings here will end up in an even greater fall in the housing market. Not really. But you do sell ATPL training courses so you do have a very clear vested interest in Wannabes not all stopping training. I believe your postings are simply made in an effort to help Wannabes - if you will extend the same courtesy to me.

As for the figures I've posted I would contend that they understate the REAL house price falls as all official and mortgage company data totally excludes the hundreds of properties sold by auction every week. There are dozens and dozens of flats and repossessed houses going through each week by order of the mortgagees. In many cases they sell for half what some poor fool paid for them over the last 2 years. None of this is reflected in the published data funnily enough.

Whatever.

I don't really enjoy people attacking my motivations or questioning my interests. My job here is done. Its all plain as can be and from here on in only an utter idiot would be unaware of the dire period ahead for the house market, economy and airlines.

When I started six months ago this was not clear to many. Most of the media and the spin was all the other way and there was a useful purpose in my forcefully putting me gloomy message out to Wannabes.

I'm happy I did my bit to warn a few people of the coming danger.

I'll end my bit now.