PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qr Restrictions
Thread: Qr Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 14:52
notanotherhilton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, there are some seriously depressed people in Doha these days. I spent a few years at QR, drank as much beer as I liked, met some beautiful girls from all over the world, one whom I married and never felt any intrusion in my private life. The culture there dictated I had to be more discreet about some things but that was fine by me, you are in another country after all.

I found there was a lot of rules at QR, but most of them were simple things and easy to comply with. Thankfully I dont have a compulsion to drink orange juice every time I board an aircraft, usually I had a nice diet coke with ice and lemon served to me by the mostly polite and hardworking cabin crew. As in every airline you play the game you'll be ok.

Training and technically QR is on a par with the major carrier I moved on to, I flew with one as%hole training captain a few times but they have those at every airline.

Arabic culture, the weather, living in a/c, etc...will not be for everybody, but I can honestly say I found the locals polite, easygoing and mutually respectful 90% of the time and enjoyed my time there. I still have friends there who are happy living and working there.