PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sterling Airlines....
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 12:01
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
928; why the hell would I resign just because of what I fear might happen? I am simply saying that I have a sneaking suspicion that far too many in my company are willing to bend over and start picking up soap bars in the boss' shower. Only time will show if we all have the guts to stand our ground and stick together. I don't expect one helluva pay rise and a pot of gold. I'm hoping that the lower 20% of the pilots (on the seniority list) aren't sold down the river, and that we don't accept our T&Cs to diminish. Would you accept a pay cut to an already, at best, mediocre salary?

We are all willing to learn new things and try new approaches to how we perform our daily duties. We (almost) all follow the fuel saving guidlines provided to us by management. We work as efficiently as possible to ensure quick turnarounds. Most of us show up 15-20 min early (often more) to check flight plans, weather etc, so as to be at the gate a few minutes earlier (because our check-in time is really too short). We plan, re-plan, fly the given cost indices, re-evaluate, tanker fuel strategically, many of us help the cabin crew clean the aircraft during the too short turnarounds. We all do our best. Most, if not all new joiners pay for their own type rating. If that is not enough, then this particular company has no future!
So instead of resigning, one must fight for decent T&Cs

Last edited by Crossunder; 11th Jul 2008 at 12:17.