PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Jul 2008, 10:11
williewalsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive completed the EK interview twice once for each seat.Two different formats.IE once with sim at the end and once with it at the beginning. Sucessful both times. Just relax do what you do and get on with it. I completed it (5 yearsago)when nobody complained on here about the standards and again since they have been complaining. I can assure you all there is no change in the level you are expected to reach. It is not however rocket science,nor a indication of your worth as a pilot. Failing doesnt mean your a bad pilot just as passing doesnt improve you as indicated from some of the attitudes on these boards.Just an indicator of their requirements. Too much preparation about stuff you dont know and youll come across as someone who is on edge and you wont shine.

Be enthusiastic but fatalistic and if its for you youll get it. Or as the EK chaps say...be yourself.
As for hold pools I dont know but I asked for a deferment for joining and got it no problem. The job may be there at the end of my deferrment , maybe not, but it wont be because EK were not helpful if not a little slow in the first instance.
ww