PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 09:48
quiksilver911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status BLANK

Hi everyone.

I've not posted, but I've been following this thread. Congratulations to all the guys with invitations! I see that all the people who've posted about getting invites are those who have previously posted that their status was 'under review'. Scouring the posts, no one who earlier said they had a BLANK status has recently posted that they got an invite.

I'll start a rumour (but based on the above evidence), that BLANK status guys are getting treated differently (and your guess is as good as mine as to what that means). I'd like to invite anyone who was status BLANK and has received an invite to kill my rumour! Looking through the psots, it seems that if you're in Europe, and you applied one or more weeks ago, then you should have received an invite this week. I use Rapha_BA's posts as evidence: he applied approx 5th July, he went to under review on 7th, and got an invite on 10th.

I've applied too, this week. Let's see what happens next week! I have a few more thoughts on the status BLANK rumour (on WHY you might have been BLANKED), but some of those thoughts are a bit too spicy! I'll wait to see if anyone with status BLANK posts to say they have had an invite.

EYZ, can you find out more details about status BLANK? You've posted earlier that it doesn't matter, but I think it does now. Do you think you can find out what the cut off date is for sending out invites to the July invites? Or if they are full already and not inviting anymore? Also, since you're the inside guy, do you have any idea what kind of contract the cadets will be on for the 6 year bond period? I assume they're not going to stay on AED6000/month and al-ain accommodation? Do you know what the UAE Nationals cadets have been offered?

Q