PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Half of the Armed Forces considering quitting!
Old 11th Jul 2008, 09:04
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's been asked before but what are the current PVR rates compared to 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago.

Is the rumour true that PMA are phoning up PVR applicants to "chat" about their reasons. When I left in 2005 I saw and spoke to no-one...
Seemingly the PVR rates are only slightly higher than normal, but the number of people not signing-on and leaving at their next option point has rocketed - hence the recent subliminally desperate e-mail 'allowing' people to extend by 2-3 years after their option - as if that was some sort of generous concession! I don't have figures on PVR/options, but some senior adminner apparently said this at a briefing not long ago.

As for the 'what can we do to make you stay' phonecall, it seems that may very well be true, on the basis of at least 3 unrelated people telling me so. They're allegedly offering postings, promotions etc. The latter offer does raise some questions about the legitimacy of bypassing promotion boards though: "Sorry keen bloke who's staying, you're not going to be promoted this year as we've done a deal with a bloke who's pissed off and leaving. Oh and he's now going to be your boss." If it's true it's an exceptionally crap and shortsighted plan...which somehow makes it more likely.