PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sterling Airlines....
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2008, 08:06
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeager: I work for Norwegian. I agree with you!
What we are seeing now, is a constant drive to get the employees to pay out of their own pockets, so that Norway's white trash (anyone seen the TV series "Charterfeber"...?) can go to Spain for NOK 300. Unfortunately, our company is filled to the brim with people who have struggled their way through countless companies that either went belly-up, and/or had the worst possible working conditions. These pilots are now willing to sacrifice quite a lot in order to keep DY afloat. To a certain extent, I can certainly understand this. You can only take so much of having to start all over again every few years.
As for myself, I would rather see my company follow the Titanic instead of having to work for free and fund everyone else's week end trips to European capitals...
If DY cannot afford to provide their employees with roughly the same basic T&Cs as similar companies and at the same time make some money for their investors - it's the market strategy and business model (management job) that needs to be adjusted - not our T&Cs!