PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Half of the Armed Forces considering quitting!
Old 11th Jul 2008, 07:15
CirrusF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that the results of that survey were actually very good. If you did a similar survey in any other large organisation, I suspect you would not get better results, and quite probably worse results. It is human nature to continually look around for a better situation and life for ourselves and family, so we always think there is greener grass elsewhere, that we are undervalued and underpaid in our current job, and that we would be happier elsewhere.

I thought that the greatest interest in the results was the comparitive difference between the services, and between officers and enlisted men. Given that the army are taking the bulk of the casualties, and are arguably bearing the bulk of the overstretch it was a surprise to see that their morale is higher than the other services, according to the survey. I think the biggest concern for defence chiefs should be the large and consistent gap in all three services between officers and enlisted.