PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew refuses to take off due to "hostile work environment"
Old 11th Jul 2008, 04:54
BlueTui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my experience as one of the poor sods stuck the wrong side of the flight deck door, Customers are less hostile when they have information, and the correct information at that. Whether it be a broken lightbulb in the exit lighting or a tragic road traffic accident.

So so many ground staff feel/think that less information is more and by saying "its delayed" and running off will give them the least hassle rather than saying "your flight is delayed due to the operating crew being delayed on their last flight" or your flight is delayed due to technical difficulties, and to ensure your safety we are arranging an alternative option, this will mean your departure is approximately XX:XX"

I know when i've operated ex-UK and had UK handling agents who have given the customers the correct information vs the inbound customers who know jack S**T because (usually IBERIA) have F****D off i've had less hassle from the outbound customers.

INFORMATION is the key.

But jeering and rude behaviour regardless of reason, is not acceptable.