PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northrup Grumman/EADS win USAF tanker bid
Old 10th Jul 2008, 18:34
NutLoose

Received 3,036 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Quote:
With such aircraft as Typhoon, Tornado, Rafale, Gripen, to mention but the fighting machines, and Airbus in the civil market, Europe has the skills to design and build first-class products.
Absolutely some marvelous airplanes listed.

Quote:
Just get used to it, America !!!
No worries.

But to 'borrow' from another famous one-liner, "It takes a continent..."
Swings and roundabouts really, oh and it's not the whole continent, just part of it ......... Though remember, nothing this day and age is a one country product.....Boeing utilise the like of Engines, undercarriages and major assemblies etc from the world over......

Give it 25 years and it will all have "Made in China" stamped on it regardless of it being made by Boeing or Airbus or anyone else for that matter......

Though I did think regardless of internal politics, the best plane should be produced for the job it is required to carry out and the Military had their say in the previous decision that the AIrbus was indeed that plane.......

The only losers I can see are the individual States and people in them that where / are hoping for the factory to be built and the jobs it creates in some of the poorer parts of the USA...... would be nice if Boeing did eventually win the contract in the next round that they also bring some of the wealth and prosperity this contract and jobs it would have created, to the people effected by the U turn.....

Oh and with the risk of upsetting some people in here, I wouldn't class the Tornado as a "Marvelous Airplane"........... "Jack of all, Master of none" more like.

Last edited by NutLoose; 10th Jul 2008 at 18:45.