PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Part 61 for SACAA
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2008, 18:06
FACT Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow New Part 61 for SACAA

Hi there everybody.

Myself, aswell as many people I know are in a bit of confusion about the new Part 61 that has recently been put in place. I would like to know if anyone can confirm or give answers to the following points.

I have a PPL and am just about to write my CPL exams at the end of July. My understanding of the new part 61, is as follows.

- A person with a PPL can enter for and write ATPL exams, skipping paying and writing CPL exams.
- If you have credits for CPL exams, by the end of the year you have to enter for and pass 1 ATPL exam otherwise you have to start again on the new system, which comes into force as of 1 January 2009.
- The new system is +-15 exams, which are ATPL exams, but with 200hrs you will get a CPL with frozen ATPL subjects. No more CPL subjects.
- For your intial entrance into the exams , you can now enter for as many exams as you wish and pass as many as you wish (unlike entering for 4 and having to pass 3).

As I said, myself and I'm sure many others, are terribly confused over the whole situation and ofcourse CAA don't know what is going on either. I'm sure there are a handful of people at CAA that know something but unfortunately every person I have spoken to at CAA tell me something different each time.

I would therefore like to know if anyone has any relevant information on the subject?

Thanks,

Enjoy the flying...

Last edited by FACT Pilot; 10th Jul 2008 at 18:08. Reason: Update