PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2008, 17:42
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up with Bmibaby today? I'm guessing they were very short of airframes as GTOYC positioned to EMA at midnight and a titan a/c was chartered in to operate the WW2643/4 CWL-ALC-CWL.

They must have serious problems for them having to lease the aircraft. I have noticed that there is a photo available of EI-CSU (GTOYL) all painted in BmiBaby colours in Budapest. When are they expecting delivery of this a/c as there was one due May 08 along with another GTOYI.

I have recentally heard that Virgin Nigeria's B733's are to be sold to bmibaby before the end of 2008. Ex easyjet aircraft..

Reg.

5N-VNC ex G-EZYN
5N-VND ex G-EZYM
5N-VNE ex G-EZYP
5N-VNF ex G-EZYR
5N-VNG ex G-EZYS
and also
UR-GAH of Ukraine Intl Airlines
Does anybody have any further info on these and whether or not they are true?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am glad that BmiBaby has kept the WAW and the BCN at Cardiff, and in all very pleased with the winter schedule especially after previouse reports from a local paper.

I am however suprised that they have decided to increase the frequency of the BFS to x 2 daily, but hope that the gamble pays off for them and that both Flybe and WW can remain comfortably on the route.

I am intreagued by the statement by Crawford Rix which is on the CWL website
"bmibaby continue to be the only airline at Cardiff Airport pioneering truly low fares on domestic and European routes with flights starting from just £18.99 one way, including taxes and charges. We remain committed to developing and expanding our services at Cardiff International Airport and more news will be announced over the coming months as we put our growth plans into action".
I know that they can see Cardiff as a 4 aircraft base but how soon are they planning on this to happen?