PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sa Training Schools Infos Request
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2008, 08:44
digitalsoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000% reccomends FTS

FTS in Grand Central is a very good school and Instructors, management is all upto standard. they respect their customers and bring them first. So far i did not meet any unhappy student. Aircraft are well maintained. Weather is good all round for flying in joburg. If u are committed you will complete very fast, also they have a system of computer based training, for free, so u can just go to the computer room any time and learn from the computer by watching and listening real time lesson on computer with the headset, making it very easy to understand....and it is anytime...no time restriction, so come any time, learn at your own phase and pass.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND FTC IN GEORGE: REASONS:
weather in George is very bad, cloud come up to ground....Wind is Crazy there, good for crosswind practice, but in many cases flights are canceled because of wind. Accomodation is not near the school, making it hard to come to school, so u will have to arrange your own transport-costly-sometime school provide transport-but not so convenient. George is the most boring place i Have ever experienced, except for the cheap beer
I did not fly in george but visited my friend there for 2 weeks, and being a pilot i could see.
Other than that, FTC is George is also a good school-not much problem.