PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Jul 2008, 07:58
P.Clostermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you with balls!

In case they deduct anything from your salary, without your approval or acknowledgement, this is where you should read:

Article (64)

A worker shall, before his recourse to the competent tribunal, appeal to his employer against the penalty inflicted on him within seven days of being aware of such penalty. The appeal shall be decided upon within seven days of its submission. The appeal is considered rejected if this period lapses.

In the event of rejection of an appeal or if it is not decided upon within the above period, the worker may appeal to the Department against the penalty inflicted on him with seven days of the date of rejection.

The Department shall decide on the worker's appeal within seven days of the date of the registration of the appeal. The Department's decision shall be final.

As an exception the worker may appeal against the penalty of dismissal from work to the competent court.

If the court decides that the dismissal is arbitrary or in violation of the' provisions of this law, it shall either annual the dismissal, orders the return the worker to his work and payment of his wages for the period he was not allowed to work in implementation of such penalty or payment of a suitable compensation. Such compensation shall include the wages and other benefits denied to him as a result of such dismissal.

The whole thing can be found on:

Embassy of Qatar - The Labour Law

I know, some of you will start now saying that QR is untouchable blablabla....

Believe me, they are not that untouchable. On top of that, the allegations about the maffia practices are true, so in case they would deduct something which you think is not correct, just threaten with this and they will turn 180 degrees!

Believe me, I have tried it and it works!

Its always the same song: People who dont know their rights will get abused, people who know their rights might stand a chance!

Just learn how to fence for yourself!