PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 22:48
lexoncd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The EU ruling on all inclusive pricing makes me laugh.

A Ryanair spokeman stated that:

“Ryanair is delighted that the European Parliament has decided to bring other airlines into line with Ryanair’s high standards of fare transparency. There will be no changes to the Ryanair website following this legislation as Ryanair already complies with it. .”

Then tucked away on page two of their site they admit that since the 25th June they haven't complied.
Credit and debit card charges have risn
Priority boarding charges have risen.

The Danish authorites are following the Norwegian ones and challenging the way fares are displayed/advertised.

There is a fundamental swithc in the market coming with changes in the economy. Ryanair would gain far more by being open and then challening anuone to a direct fare comparison or is it this they always back away from?

I'm waiting for my local petrol station to advertise fuel at 63p per litre plus taxes ( 50.5 p hydrocarbon tax and 17.5% VAT) plus electronic pump dispension tax 5p, disposable glove tax 2p, carparking charges whilst refuling 8p.

Anyway you look at it Ryanair are still unhedged on fuel and for a slong as these silly crude prices continue it will wipe out a huge amount of their profits. For what its worth If I was MOL I would have done the same as him when oil was $65 as I couldn't see it sustaining higher prices for long...