PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-200F down in Bogota ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 17:11
dc10fr8k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AngryBlackMan

AngryBlackMan, your comments are ignorant and misinformed. The presumption that these pilots were at fault simply because they worked for a company that is not at the head of every pilot's career ambitions, is absurd. I work for a "bottom feeder outfit" and I can tell you that the people here are the finest most competent people you could work with. And sometimes people have to make a stop at companies like this on the long career road. No one was born at UPS or FedEx or UAL or BA or wherever, those fortunate enough to be at a top job all worked their way there. Not you? Were you born into the lofty job you apparently hold? Did you forget where you came from? Your arrogance astounds me.

Your suggestion that somehow a College degree is an exclusive indicator of intelligence, capability or competence in aviation is also absurd. It is not an indicator in any profession. Bill Gates didn't finish his degree either, and I assume you would consider him incapable also? Individual circumstances are different for everyone, and your arrogance shines once again by judging people who were perhaps not as fortunate as you to have had the opportunity to benefit from higher education. However, there is one class that it seems you definitely slept through, and that is "public conduct 101".

Finally, with regard to your thread on another topic, relating to how many black pilots are employed in the UK, I have this to say. Hiring pilots should be on the basis of competence, not demographics. You can even demand a degree from an applicant, but as far as I am concerned the quantity of melanin pigment in the skin of an applicant should have absolutely nothing to do with anything. Merit and competence Mr AngryBlackMan, is the only reason anyone should be in a cockpit, and being black or white or yellow or brown or green has nothing to do with that, and having a degree has only a little bit more.

Mr. AngryBlackMan, you are a disgrace to your profession and to your race. Go get some counseling or something and stop rabidly pontificating about matters on which you are grossly biased and profoundly misinformed.