PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 15:44
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Phil should have been clearer

Really trying to make the point about the mustang being good news from a outright sales point of view and far from a depreciating asset. Should Blink decide to scale down the business plan and say take one in 2 and sell the other then we will never know about it on here (if they have any sense), outwardly it will look as though they are experiencing delivery delays or indeed (less likely) delaying takeup. As the whole business plan (DayJet, Blink and other VLJ startups) is based on upbeat bull**** I doubt very much they would admit to scaling back at all.

The point being is that should they decide to scale things back by quietly selling 1/2 their options they have a £3mill cushion with which to see them through the next 2/3 years at least before the city investors start to squirm from cheek to cheek.

If Blink as is, was Blink as was 3 years ago, I think it would have been a resounding success, but I thinks its going to be just too hard for them to reach a sort of critical mass for them to get a foothold on the market they and others are looking to break into.

As you know the market moves fast and I would have given them better odds back in March when this thread started than what I would give them now.

Just means you'll need to keep Barnesy flying on for another three years before laying him out to pasture........