PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peanut Alergies and Flying
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 15:06
dunelmitepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nut allergy/intolerance

Hi all,

Been waiting for a thread of this sort to come about: I have wanted to be a professional pilot since I was very young-yet I do have what I beleive to be an intolerance to peanuts. My situation is that so long as I don't consume them, which when I last did about 13 years ago, made me be sick after about half an hour or so of consuming it. I am perfectly ok if I'm at a party and there are nuts etc on the table, and their presence does not make by breathing difficult nor my skin itch. I know loads of foods especially biscuits like to have the label saying not suitable for nut allergy sufferers and so on, but I could consume packets of those until the cows go home! I have been told from a former airline pilot (been retired for about 5 years) that with this being the case-so long as I discuss this properly with the AME at the medical, I should not have a problem obtaining it.

I did think this may have been the case as I have read about people with more serious complaints such as asthma and diabetes etc who can still obtiain a class 1

My health meets all the other medical requirements as well.

If anyone can provide me with some more info/advice on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Adam.

Last edited by dunelmitepilot; 9th Jul 2008 at 21:30.