PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Road Accident Rate in the UAE.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 11:26
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wonder how many deadly accidents are caused by drunk drivers in UAE... just to compare to what we have in Europe.

I understand it looks stupid not to be able to learn from others, but like for any kids, learning comes from experience, despite warnings. You wont learn that fire burns until you play with it. I guess this will sadly apply to UAE. At least it didn't take as long as us in Europe to get lots of speed radars, which is a good beginning. It's absolutely easy today to have cars fitted with speed limiters, but of course no manufacturer will take the risk to market cars unable to break the speed limits. Many of us (expats) are driving sport cars which is quite curious considering speed limits, radars and traffic... I feel terrible when I see young people dying on the road but I don't see any smartness when all the ladies are driving huge 4x4 to go in the Mall of the Emirates. They just burn 3 times more fuel than other people to reach the place at the same speed... but of course, nobody cares about the environment since it is so cool to be able to burn cheap fuel !