PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew refuses to take off due to "hostile work environment"
Old 9th Jul 2008, 10:57
1DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A while ago i went to EMA to meet a friend arriving from ALC, i arrived about an hour before he was due(1300) and the arrivals board didn't show his flight.I went to the airlines desk and the polite lady said she didn't have any information but would make an announcement when she knew. Shortly after my friend rang to say they hadn't left but were showing delayed 1 hour. I told the polite lady and she directed me to the operations desk who may know more.Again very polite people, i asked the ops man if he had any information because i had a two hour drive to home and didn't know whether to stay or wait. He was very helpful, made a phone call, and told me that the aircraft needed a small part which would be leaving Luton with a technician about 1700 arriving in ALC about 2000.The part would take about 40 minutes to fix and he thought the flight would arrive at EMA just before midnight. I rang my friend and told him and he said the flight was then showing a delay of 2 hours with no one giving any information. I went and did a bit of shopping had something to eat at a pub and arrived back at about 2000. I went to the desk, different lady, asked if there was any news and she said the flight was expected in about 2 hours although the board still showed delayed. The flight eventually arrived at 0115.
My point is that whilst everyone was helpful to me, the information i had at 1300 was never passed to the desks where people were asking for information..