PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew refuses to take off due to "hostile work environment"
Old 9th Jul 2008, 09:46
Basil-Fawlty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Spot on wobble2plank & VanHorck

I cant understand why on earth the airline staff at the gate would make such a stupid announcement to the passengers that the crew are late ( What morons!). I can tell you almost every flight I have been on as pax or otherwise never departed on time and this goes for most of the major European airlines.

I think those who work in the industry fully understand the ins and out of the business, but the average Joe blow would not have a clue as how things really work and that's why the action taken by wobble2plank & vanHorck was spot on. That was in my opinion the correct customer service action expected from a reputable airline.

I think some people on this form have been a bit harsh toward Green Granite, I can fully understand the customer expectation and an on time performance. I cannot remember being on any flight that has actually departed on time, maybe once or twice.

What really gets me is when some passenger arrives late 5 min after the gate closes, only to be told sorry you cannot come on board.

I can understand why the crew got really Pis.............ed off, but I think if they have taken the same approach as wobble2plank, the outcome might have been different

Green Granite, you are right those pax do pay our wages.

Safe and happy flying to all from Sybil, Poly and Manuel!

BF