PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 9th Jul 2008, 08:13
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you want to lower the standards to allow reverse discrimination to happen.
My employer (BA) is a very very multi cultural society. It's quite amazing when sitting on the bus to the aircraft to find that none of the crew are actually English!

The ratio of blacks/whites is completely irrelevant. I hope the selection process works in a way that
a) the tests are doing what they are designed for
b) the best man/woman (regardless of skin tone) gets the job
c) no one is being discriminated against just for the sake of percentages
d) no outside pressure is put on selectors as to who should be employed

There are most certainly quite a couple of black pilots in BA, both sitting on the left and right. If one has to check the ratio, then you cannot judge it on the percentages of the population in the UK. I think a breakdwon of the total pilot workforce given a license by the CAA would work better.

It's all complete horlicks. You perform on the 2 days, they have a job for you...
Simple non?

btw I am Dutch and a minority within this company. But good riddance for BA to allow anyone to apply and get a job.
If you really want to assert discrimination then look at my home country, where our 'national' airline doesn't allow applications on any other aircraft type beside turbo props.

Now back on topic...
good luck to you all! At the moment recruitment is wide open so go for it...I have no idea when the doors will close again