PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Road Accident Rate in the UAE.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2008, 07:55
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sensible post, syspa.
What year does this region write? 1428 or 1429? Where was Europe, or for that matter the Americas, at that time of their count?
You are absolutely right that each society evolves sooner or later. With the recent globalisation, that is by the way warmly embraced by the developping world, it would just demonstrate a tiny little brin of intelligence if such societies would learn faster and not make the same mistakes. Back in time there was no example at hand to show which road not to take.
I am not complaining, as you insinuate, but merely wondering why on earth some societies refuse to learn from others mistakes and continue to evoque that it needs much more time to evolve. It didn't take much time to buy the Lambo and run after the blondes, did it? Furthermore it buggers my mind to see that the same societies, when settling as expats up north, have nothing better to do than try to impose their values there. Only mentioned that because you said something about exporting "mistakes"...

I don't want to enter into any value debate. I think however that the demonstrated behaviour on local roads is simply savagery and is beyond ANY cultural values. It should be exhonoured in the strongest terms from the local authorities AND society.