PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light at the end???
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2001, 09:41
aviatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Light at the end???

First of all a disclaimer...I am in no way a financial or business analyst and the following is just my personal opinion.

Is it me or does it seem like the economy is already on its way back. Many share prices (even those of the airlines) are back to pre 9/11 levels and indeed many companies here in North America are still meeting or beating expections for profits for the year.

Add to this the announcements from the likes of AA (pilot layoffs on hold) and Air France, etc... that they will still make a small profit despite the terrorist attacks, and I think we just might be seeing a turn-around. As well, traffic levels are returning to normal much quicker than many people thought.

Also, I recently went shopping for a new computer this past weekend and I literally had to squeeze my way into the stores. And people weren't just browsing, there were lineups at the cashiers like I haven't seen in a long time. Car sales are drastically up over here as well since the major manufacturers have offered zero percent financing.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that the signs I see seem to indicate a recovery even though the press seems to think otherwise.

Any comments?

aviatter