PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 8th Jul 2008, 17:11
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 166 Likes on 64 Posts
I promise that I will once again be talking of the upturn. When it happens. I will once again be talking about 'a golden age for wannabe recruitment'. I'm really not some kind of panic laden doom pessimist.

I foresaw this recession and house price crash and sold my house last April and moved my pension as a result. I predicted Northern Rock and Bradford & Bingley months before. I said so and I wrote it here and elsewhere. The next part will be the recession and come the winter it will be the airline bankruptcies. How bad it will be is uncertain but it will be fairly close the early 1990's I think.

As people have said - timing is everything in this business. A lot of Wannabes still believe the rather outdated theory that by your early 30's you are getting too long in the tooth. This is nonsense. The most important thing is to be qualifying just as recruitment picks up and be fresh and ready to go. If I could predict trend timings accurately enough to be of any use to you though I wouldn't be here as I'd be a billionaire.

Take no comfort from how things are today. It is 2009 that you really need to worry about. That is shaping up to look really awful.

Just avoid big debts.