PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 8th Jul 2008, 16:14
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rons22, good one to see you involved in a project with such a mutlinational With regards to the company well maybe it's because they are prepared to take these hard decisions that keeps them afloat and dynamic. Compare that to our dithering political fools at Westminster where they delay the inevitable until it's too late to the boat has beegun to sink.

However such stories have been circulating for sometime with the BBC cleverly choosing to sideline them. The BBC have done much to distract the public from the perils that lay ahead and such stories or that of companies moving abroad are selectively ommitted. When things are so bad even the BBC can't sweep it under the mat anymore and then the stories and more importantly sentiment really comes out causing panic to a jittery public. At a time of such dire prospects only the BBC could increase executive salaries - but I digress.

Aviation will have to adopt a new business model sooner rather than later with personnel being outsourced i.e. agencies and brought in when and where they're needed. This will reduce the burden of cost on an airline and further prevent stoppages through industrial action. Equipment could also be subject to a different manner of utilisation. But most importantly they're going to have to really pull their finger out with regards to fuel burn or should I say type of fuel burn