PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 270KT outer speed limit for london TMA
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2008, 15:28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max, i understand that. I am willing to do my bit to help you save fuel etc but what i am not willing to do is have my hands tied by a directive from some wally in a office telling me i must do it this way. It isn't sensible and they've tied it into environmental issues which it isn't about at all. The request for the trial AFAIK came from some of the airlines and is obviously about saving fuel while it costs so much. If you want to fly an economical speed then tell us. If you are at the front of a large queue then expect to be told to go faster than you want, but the number of times you are the front will be equalled by the number of times you are at the back.

Don't forget though that this is being treated as EGLL arrivals only, when infact the trial is for all LTMA inbounds. Whats the point of EGGW's doing 270kts when there is no holding and they are going straight in? Or EGLC's when 270kts is right at the top of their speed range? Its the blanket "All LTMA's must be doing 270kts to save the planet" rubbish that hacks me off.