PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerologic
Thread: Aerologic
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2008, 14:08
jetopa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to read, that a Brit left his splendid isolation and finds himself being quite happy with us Krauts.

The bottomline - as always - appears to be: what are your expectations and what are you willing to suffer (or: pay for) for certain qualities of life? It's not that I doubt the quality of life in the sandpit, but if your social relations are somewhere in Europe, if you do care for seasons (I know that global warming is dampening them a bit, but still...) or would like to take a train-ride for a weekend trip to Paris or Amsterdam once in a while, then this part of the world is unbeatable.

I myself was looking into moving to neighbouring country with even higher taxes than in Germany due to the fact, that the entire package offered was very attractive.

In my personal opinion, Aerologic will be successful because the shareholders founded the company for the very reason to operate cargo aircraft with people who are significantly cheaper that the union-driven LH-employees. On top of that they most probably have filed for government-support in a region that's plagued with unemployment and structural deficiencies.