PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 8th Jul 2008, 13:55
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD

You might consider taking 'expert' engineering input on this (as I can't make much sense of the rest of that ruling) - but it would seem as if time is a commodity that the MoD do not have.

Of course, the outcome of all this is that the risks that our crews face are still significant - and that liability must rest with the MoD during the time left until the Nimrod is ALARP.

However, I fear that the risks to the guys and girls on the ground in theatre would be whole lot worse, if it were not for the Nimrod and so, it should stay flying. In view of this, the Nimrod crews and their support staff are to be highly commended for their continued courage and stoicism (as well as, of course, the people whom they are helping to protect!)

I would wholeheartedly agree that this is not a wholly palatable position, especially should another accident occur but I do wish the MoD would come out and admit the mess we are in.....and that the buck stops with them. (sadly unlikely).

This is what happens when the Military suffer funding cuts, year upon year and then try to do too much with too little!

flipster