PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2008, 13:43
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemurian
There is also the *Single Chime* recorded which is very probabbly related to a minor failure showing after 80 kt (phase 8 inhibition)...what was it ? Was it related to the braking system ? In which case the "Cancel the..." makes sense as in "Switch the Anti-skid off..." (But here I digress and there is nothing to back that theory up, especially when they seemed to have had some effective braking prior to that point).
Funny, Lemurian, how (despite your precautions ) we both tend to agree with each other sometimes.......

Agree especially that 'Cancel, cancel the...." could well have related to the Anti-Skid.

A bit like the old joke that if you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare. Between us we seem to have made a fair start on 'Hamlet'........

My own view is that yes, maybe they DID have some braking - but that its effect may have been severely restricted by the 'Anti-Skid,' given that they were still travelling pretty fast on a damp runway. Alternatively, since as far as I know the 'decel' light depends on inertia, it could just have been the combined effect of the spoilers and reversers - the F/O seeing what he desperately WANTED to see.

Originally Posted by Lemurian
If one considers that some of them are so obvious as to be rather insulting to us pilots like aborted T/O, we are left with a very few number of specific procedures, among which *Loss of Braking"
That's what does begin to annoy me about your posts, though. I know that, like others on here, I'm only the lowest form of flying life nowadays - a mere fare-paying passenger - but I'd wish you'd see your mission as being to inform and educate us, not just to tell us that we don't know what we're talking about and should just - in a manner of speaking - 'Shut up and die.'

Perhaps you could get a bit constructive and tell us all what the A320 crew manual actually says about 'Loss Of Braking?'

And also, as Rananim asks, whether it has been revised recently?