PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 8th Jul 2008, 12:42
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but admire those people on this thread who are still positive and are willing to go ahead with their training. If I were you I wouldn't do it, but that is easy for me to say. It takes guts (and a degree of insanity), and although you are going against the advice of anyone who knows what they are talking about, (and despite some of the more vociferous protestations, WWW IS certainly better qualified than most to have an opinion based on his own experiences) if you have thought long and hard and still want to go ahead, then you may as well get on with it.

And at 33 if you really feel you have to start now... just be aware that this is the worst time for as long as many people can remember to be starting out.

what do you reckon on my chances getting into an airline end of next year, beginning 2010
No one knows, and no-one can answer that. That's the whole point, start training now and it is a huge leap of faith. The overwhelming likelihood is that you will find it very difficult to find an airline job for the next few years.