PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 8th Jul 2008, 11:09
AceD3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go fATPL of not?

My god, I'm just about to enrol on my ATPL ground school for November this year and reading the posts on pprune I'm wondering whether I should bother with all this negativity about.

Okay, so we're heading for a recession it seems...I'm 33 and decided that I need to get out of IT before it eats anything left of me and follow my dream career of flying a jet.

If I don't do my fATPL now, I'm probably going to regret it, plus I can hardly put if off for a couple of years to see how the economy pans out as being 33 is getting on a bit now.

So...with one bit of hope by someone here...what do you reckon on my chances getting into an airline end of next year, beginning 2010? I'm completely going modular and choosing schools etc as I go along.

I was looking to do a A320 TR at the end of it with Randhem, but it appears that many are losing money and having their courses cancelled ..sorry to hear that guys who have already enrolled with them.

Debts...yes! I'll probably have at least £30k debt at the end of it all inc. TR.

To go fATPL or not to go?!

Comments appreciated. (Note to WWW - Please keep chin up and give nice positive advice should you read this )