PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-200F down in Bogota ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2008, 02:23
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This dirt bag operation has a long history of accidents and incidents involving the deaths of many pilots who flew for Connie. The deaths occurred in his Learjets.
Connie Kalitta doesn't run the Learjets. Until very recently it was owned and run by his Son, Doug. The "dirt bag operation" isn't the same operation, you're confusing your companies, and you have no idea what you're talking about. As usual.

Pilots as "whores?" Piss in your own wheaties, this morning, did you?

As far as being Connie Kalitta's shoe shine boy...I've never met the man, don't know him personally, and in all liklihood, never will. I don't know him.

I do, however, know that accusations of maintenance issues regarding this specific incident (it's somewhat premature to call an "accident," as nothing is yet known) are foolishly misplaced. Nothing is known regarding what happened. The fools who begin braying at the moon and crying poor maintenance or pilot fatigue or whatever other possibility might be dreamed up here do so in absolute ignorance. If you have facts regarding this mishap which support your assertions, by all means lay them on the table. Otherwise, you only appear foolish.

IMHO, it is unreasonable for you to insist that nobody discuss reports in the media, and instead wait years for a gov accident report to come out.
In your "humble" opinion, did I say anything about nobody discussing popular media reports? I did not. Did I say anything about waiting years for a government accident report to come out? I did not.

However, stupid, wild speculation regarding facts not inevidence (poor maintenance, pilot fatigue, etc) are not based on media reports, not based on factual evidence, not based on anything but speculation, and contribute nothing. These sort of wild guesses only serve to cloud the issue and generate more rumors.

An aircraft has crashed. This much we know. Reports have been offered regarding possible occurences associated with the mishap. This much we know. That the reports are correct, we do not know. Therefore the media reports are not facts, but sketchy bits of preliminary information.

There exists a strong urge to run away with all kinds of tangent barkings and brayings about pilot whores and poor maintenance and rants that really have no basis here. This was not a Learjet. This was not an aircraft operated by a company that's no longer in business, and it was not into Gitmo. This was out of Colombia. It was only a few hours ago, and so far, we know nothing about what has occured. Perhaps it behooves those of us who elect to behave as adults to wait until we have some ground to stand upon before making statements on the subject