PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2008, 00:58
lbalad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a nightmare!

Flew in to LBA last night,from Dusseldorf.We were given a letter at checkin stating that we would have to stop at Hamburg Lubeck to pick up passengers from there.

A 757 had been substituted for the 737,once we got onboard there were passengers going to Lubeck,they had been routed via Dusseldorf!.Anybody know if this was a one off or a regular occurance?.I think there were 57 passengers got off at Lubeck,and around 80 got on,and I heard a hostie say there was around 40 spare seats.

I know these things happen,and fairplay to Jet2,they could have just cancelled one or both of these flights but seemed to be doing their best to resolve the situation..

However the title of my post refers to our arrival at LBA.I think there were 4 or 5 flights arrived around same time,what a complete and utter shambles.Queue for Immigration huge,only 2 officers on duty,after a lengthy wait,got to baggage hall and luggage hadn't appeared.

Once out,the carpark was overflowing with cars waiting to pick pax up.I really hope that the new owners start to splash the cash soon,as frankly it was an embarrassing spectacle last night.